Saturday 26 April 2014

What is dance to you?

Every dancer has been asked this question a several times.
I never really knew how to answer this question. I never seemed to understand how people would answer it. People often thought that I lacked confidence and just danced to show my talent. I didn't want to follow everyone's footsteps. I didn't want to reply the same way everyone else did. I wanted to be different. I wanted to change the perspective of dance in everyone's life. We all are dancers. What ever we do includes an element of dance. Its just that some people turn this everyday routine into a masterpiece of art. I wanted to be one of them. I wanted to be stunner. But I always seem to lack something in my dance. I was always a reserved person. I never really opened up to many people. I guess it was because of this that I lost many chances to prove myself. But what dances means to me no one will ever know. I dance for myself. For the sole purpose of just happiness. Its my only companion during my bad days. Its all I ever think I will  be capable of. My life runs on the thought that dance will always be there for me. It's like friend I can always trust. It's like a part of me that will never die.....

No comments:

Post a Comment